- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh basil leaf
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a oven safe bowl or dish combine all ingredients.
- Set the dish on a baking sheet and cook in lower third of oven for one hour. Cool on a rack for 30 minutes.
- Line a small strainer with several layers of cheesecloth and strain oil into a glass jar.
- Covered loosely and refrigerated at all times, flavored oil keeps for one month.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love http://peoplestring.com/?u=sshupe I get paid to read snail mail and email. It is an awesome free portal where you get paid for what you are already doing on the web. I live in Utah with my husband and son. They are my taste testers and are very happy that I love to cook. During the summer we camp and cook via dutch oven. My falls and springs are filled with canning. When I am actually working I do medical coding from home so I can take care of my son. One thing I appreciate about Zaar is it keeps me from saying. <a href="http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u232/wahm_coder/?action=view¤t=dinner.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u232/wahm_coder/dinner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/BBB2b3small-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"width=100%> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <img src="http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee177/pelysma/ssb08banner_300.jpg">