- Ready In:
- Peel potatoes and dice.
- Boil potatoes in water for 15-20 minutes or until fork-tender; drain.
- Mash potatoes; allow to cool.
- Add ground beef, minced onion, salt, pepper, eggs, and spices (if desired) to potato and mix with your fingers until the consistency is dough-like.
- Take 2 spoonfuls of meat mixture and form into a small flat patty and dredge in breadcrumbs and set aside on waxed paper.
- Repeat with more meat mixture until you have quite a few made.
- Fry patties in shallow layer of oil, until they are cooked through and golden brown; drain on paper toweling.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I liked these. I used turkey rather than the beef, added cinnamon to the mix and added the bread crumb to the mixture and baked them. The texture was nice and they were not dry at all (a problem with turkey). They did taste like something was missing from them. It needed something to round out the flavor a bit. I did squeeze on some lemon and that was nice. Mike ate his with mustard. I think a chutny sounds very nice and may try that next time. We had this with a persian style cucumber salad and sliced tomatoes with a little dill and salt sprinkled over them. Oh, and I got 20 patties which I made using a tablespoon sized scoop. Very good, thanks for posting.
This is a very common Iranian recipe. I would add a pinch of cinammon as well. Also, instead of dredging in breadcrumbs before frying, try adding the breadcrumbs right into the meat mixture-- although 2 cups seems excessive. This is the way my mom always made it. I've had it both ways but prefer mom's way because it doesn't just taste like breaded meat. Try putting it in pita bread with yogurt, pickles and different fresh herbs. Hot or cold, it's yummy! Enjoy!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a longtime member since 2002. While I have many recipes here, most of my current recipes are on my food blog at palatablepastime.com I may occasionally post something extra I have here. If you have questions, you can always contact me at email@example.com