Perfect Blintz Batter
photo by gourmetmomma
- Ready In:
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream or 1/4 cup full-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar (no more that 2 teaspoons or the blintz will darken too much in the skillet)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (no subs)
- In a medium bowl lightly beat eggs, then whisk in water, milk, salt, 2 teaspoons sugar and vanilla (if using) until well blended.
- Sift the flour and baking powder, then stir into the egg ingredients; whisk until thick (the batter should resemble thick unwhipped whipping cream).
- Stir in melted butter.
- Let the batter sit out at room temperature for 20 minutes or until it comes to room temperature and the bubbles settle.
- Lightly butter a 8-inch skillet on medium heat.
- Add in about 3-4 tablespoons batter and swirl to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Cook until the bottom is set and light browned (these will cook very fast!).
- Flip the blintz over and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- *NOTE* You can cool these and then place on a baking sheet, freeze them then transfer to a plastic bag.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!