Pepper Steak Crock Pot
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 30mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef london broil beef (etc) or 1 1/2 lbs chuck roast (etc)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (or more)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 leek, white part only chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large green pepper, seeded & sliced in strips
- 1 large red pepper, seeded & sliced in strips
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons beef base or 1 1/4 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- fluffy rice
- Cut steak into 1/2 inch strips.
- Combine flour& pepper.
- Toss with beef to coat thoroughly.
- Add to crock pot with onions, leek, garlic, and 1/2 of the peppers. Stir.
- Combine tomatoes, beef base, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over beef and onion/pepper mixture to moisten well.
- Cover& cook on low 8 hours.
- Can go to 12hr if needed.
- At about 7 hours of cook time add rest of peppers.
- cook approx 1 hr more.
- Serve over Rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This dish turned out well! The sauce was nice and thick. I didn't put half of the peppers in at the first, but rather stir-fried all of the peppers at the end and stirred them into the finished meal. The meat was tender after 7 hours. I did add extra soy sauce at the end, as it seemed a bit bland for my taste. Next time, just because I'm a curious person, I will brown the meat after it has been dredged in the flour and see if that makes any difference. Thank you for posting the recipe. It was easy and tasty!
The saying in our house tonight is who wants seconds! This was Fabulous. My sixteen year old son followed this recipe exactly and had no problem making this dish. I also served it over rice with fresh fruit on the side. This meal couldn't of been any simpler or taste any better. Thanks for posting. This is a keeper.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in upstate New York (The beautiful Hudson Valley)(Orange/Ulster County)I love to cook, and enjoy watching people enjoy my creations. I love to try different recipes and like trying ones with ingredients or type of cooking most wouldn't think of trying.