Pepper Risotto (Risotto Di Pepperoni)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 red peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 4 roma tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 bulb of garlic, peeled and cloves roughly chopped
- olive oil, for frying
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 10 ounces risotto rice
- 6 tablespoons white wine
- 8 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 5 1⁄2 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 16 leaves basil, torn
- 2 1⁄2 ounces unsalted butter
- Heat the broiler to high and place the peppers on a baking sheet. Broil for 5-6 minutes, turning the peppers often, until the skin is black.
- Place the peppers in bowl, cover it tightly with plastic wrap and set aside for 10 minutes.
- When the peppers are cool enough to handle, peel off the black skin and rinse under a tap to wash off the seeds and remaining skin, chop the flesh finely and set aside.
- Place the chopped tomatoes with their juices in a pan and add the chopped garlic. Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes, until thickened.
- In a separate saucepan, heat a little oil and gently fry the onion and celery for 5 minute, or until softened. Once soft, add the rice, cook for a further 5 minutes, then stir in the white wine and allow the alcohol to evaporate off.
- Add the broth, simmer over a medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring continuously until the rice has absorbed all the broth and is tender.
- When the rice is almost ready, add chopped peeled peppers, tomatoes, parmesan, basil and butter. Stir vigorously, until the risotto is creamy. Season with salt and pepper, finish with a drizzle of olive oil and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)