Pecan Cheesecake Cookies
photo by Annacia
- Ready In:
2 1/2 dozen
- Cream the butter and cream cheese. Add the egg yolk, lemon rind, and vanilla, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Combine the flour sugar, and salt; add to the creamed mixture, beating well. Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls.
- Beat the egg white until foamy. Dip each ball of dough into the egg white; roll in the chopped pecans.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. (I use parchment paper for easy clean up). Press your thumb into each ball of dough, leaving an indention.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and fill each cookie with jam. Let cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I agree with Annacia; these cookies definitely deserve a LOOK! They were wonderful! My recipe made 25, I think, but that was gracious plenty for us. I think chilling the dough before scooping would be a bit helpful, but they worked great, as written. I used strawberry jam and cherry preserves...YUM! Thanks again, for these great cookies, breezermom!
Why are people not not beating a path to your cookie recipes? Honestly, hon, you have some of the best ever! This one is cookie nirvana, it's sweet but not too sweet, rich with the cream cheese and soft even when cooled. Did I mention that they also taste absolutely wonderful :D ? Even with my diabetic adaptions they'er amazing, nobody would know that I trimmed them back. Used 95% fat free cream cheese, a heart healthy margarine, Recipe #241843 for the powered sugar and no sugar added apricot jam. I had some well chopped almonds hanging around so I just gave them some more time in the food pro to grind them smaller and used them in place of the pecans. I'm a firm believer in "use what you have". Next time I make these I'll use the pecans. Thanks so much breezer for this marvelous keeper.