Peanut Butter Curry With Tofu
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb tofu
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes (diced)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 of a sweet onion (chopped)
- 12 ounces coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetables
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro
- In a sauce pan heat the oil. Add the garlic and onion and let it begin to turn the onion translucent. When the onion is done, add the turmeric, jalapeno pepper, and curry powder. Stir well and cook for only about 2 minutes. Everything should be yellow. Add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Bring a separate non-stick pan to about low or low/med temperature. When the pan is hot, add the tofu (cubed) and let it begin to sizzle. Without oil the tofu will brown up each side withing a few minutes. Be sure to stir the tofu often and gently. Add in the veggies as you see fit and cook until tender.
- When the coconut sauce mixture has simmered for about 5 minutes (stirring frequently to avoid burning) add the reaming ingredients and turn your heat down to low. Bring the sauce back to a simmer and the peanut butter will melt, and the tomatoes will liquify. Let simmer for about 10 minutes and add the approprate amount of sauce to the tofu and mix.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!