Peach Cantaloupe Conserve
- Ready In:
7 half pints
- 3 cups peeled chopped peaches
- 1 cup chopped cantaloupe
- 1 cup chopped honeydew melon
- 1 cup chopped watermelon
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 4 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup blanched slivered almond
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange zest
- Mix fruit in an 8- 10 quart kettle or Dutch oven.
- Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a full rolling boil; add sugar& lemon juice, return mixture to a full rolling boil and boil constantly, uncovered, for 12 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients& boil hard, uncovered, until the syrup sheets off a metal spoon- 4 to 5 minutes; remove from heat& quickly skim off foam.
- Pour at once into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace& adjust lids.
- Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In the words of Tracy Byrd, "I'm from the country & I like it that way"!! On May 1, 2008 my husband and I started a new adventure. We'll be living in a 37 foot RV while our new home is under construction. Its out in the country on a dead end dirt road with lots of trees. For the next 4 months or so, most meals will be cooked on the BBQ and life will be full of challenges! We love spending quality time with our friends & family - especially the grandkids!! The photo is 4 generations - my 84 year old mother, myself, my daughter & my youngest granddaughter - taken at the end of 2006. I've participated in many contests & events here on Zaar but this is the first banner that I've posted. My thanks to Dreamgoddess for hosting the contest & SusieD for the banner design! <img src="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/Dreamgoddess555/Narrow1-1.jpg">