- Ready In:
- Melt 1 T. of butter in a 12" frying pan over high heat.
- Add mushrooms and shallots or onions and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are lightly browned, 9-12 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add 2 more T. butter and the orzo. Stir often until pasta is light golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and sherry. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until pasta is tender to bite and most of the liquid is absorbed, 9-11 minutes.
- If mixture becomes too thick before pasta is done, add a little more broth.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese, the salt & pepper.
- Spoon risotto into bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley and more parmesan cheese.
- Makes 3-4 main dish servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!