From Hugo's Restaurant, www.hugosrestaurant.com
- Ready In:
- 5 ounces pasta (about 1/3 lb. fresh or dry)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or butter)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon of fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- Prepare pasta – fresh takes 2-3 minutes; follow directions on packaging of dry pasta (Leftover pasta can also be used. Add at same time as it is added below and warm in pan with 1 TBS. hot water before adding eggs.).
- Turn on medium flame. Pour oil (or melt butter) in 10 inch sauté pan.
- Add minced garlic and the last four ingredients (seasonings) ; sauté together 1-2 minute.
- Add parsley; add pasta with 1 TBS hot water (Make sure leftover pasta or cold pasta is hot before adding parsley or eggs).
- Add beaten eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- Add Parmesan, cook through and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have made this dish for over 20 ppl in the last year and it's an instant favorite each time I introduce someone new to it. You can make a much more simplified version by cooking the pasta & bacon (or sausage) the night before. *hint* When cooking the pasta, add a clove of garlic to the water and it will add extra flavor to your noodles. Then when you are ready for breakfast the next morning, just pour a touch of oil in your pan & brown up some garlic. Toss in your cooked meat & pasta, I add salt & pepper and in a separate dish I scramble some eggs and cilantro together & toss it over the warmed noodle. Then just cook the eggs mixing it all in for a few minutes till done. Just before i serve it I add a shredded Asiago/Parmesan cheese blend on top & everyone seems to really love it. For the GHHHHAAAALIC & meat lovers in the house this simplified version of this dish is a big winner.Reply
see 2 more