photo by Shesbittersweet
- Ready In:
4 Chicken fillets
- 4 chicken fillets
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (for topping)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- cooking oil
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Pound chicken fillets until flat and thin.
- Evenly coat the chicken fillets in the beaten egg yolk then dip in breadcrumbs.
- Deep-fry the chicken fillets until golden brown.
- Now make the bechamel sauce - In a medium saucepan, heat the butter over medium-low heat until melted. Add the flour and stir until smooth. Over medium heat, cook until the mixture turns a light, golden sandy color, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk in a separate pan until just about to boil. Add the hot milk to the butter mixture 1 cup at a time, whisking continuously until very smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes, stirring constantly, then remove from heat. Season with salt and nutmeg, and set aside until ready to use.
- Pour bechamel sauce over the cooked chicken fillets.
- Add cheddar cheese to the top of the chicken, heat it in a grill until cheese is melted.
- Despite its name, the best cheese to use on top of a Parmo is actually Cheddar. Parmesan cheese tends to burn too easily and go brown when heated under the grill when placed on top of a Parmo.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!