- 20 medium cooking apples (or any)
- 12 pineapple or 12 other variety quince
- 2 quarts cranberries
- 2 vanilla beans
- to taste sugar
- The apples and quince must be washed, the stem and blossom ends scooped out, and each one quartered.
- Remove any bruises to clean flesh.
- Pick over the cranberries, discarding any less than perfect. Place all in non aluminum pot and barely cover with water Boil until they are quite soft. Strain through jelly bag.
- Slice vanilla beans once lengthwise, and place in clean pot. Add strained liquid and boil gently for 12 minutes.
- Set beans aside. Measure juice, using 1 cup juice to 1 cup sugar, and cooking no more than 4 cups at a time. Place in clean pot. Boil until jelly sheets from spoon.
- Pour into 1/2 pint sterilized jars and seal.
- Process 5 minutes in boiling bath.
- NOTE: Cheat if you like, and add more water to the fruit after the first straining.
- Boil and strain that, combine with the first liquid and continue as directed.
- There's so much pectin in the fruit you can get away with it. Of course if you're going for the top prize at the fair, you might want to forego that this time. Use the vanilla beans in the water you boil for your next few pitchers of herbal iced tea.
- Recipe By : DDMmom
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I Love Recipes.... Collect Them.... I See One And I Gotta Have It... lol... I'm 16 and am homeschooled... I have 1 little sister Alayna(14)... I live with my mom and dad and 2 dogs in the house... and 2 outside...i have 1 cat.. my lil baby.. and she had 5 kittens in Nov. well she actually had 6 but one died..(big tear) my sister also has 1 cat that stays in our room most of the time... sometimes she ventures downstairs.... and she also has 1 that lives outside.... we've had lots of cats come and go... (sigh) and i've seen most of them pass... (tear) I have a boyfriend Jared and he's in the Virginia Military Institute for Mechanical Enginering.. i think...lol I LOVE carebears as you can see with my picture.. i love butterflies too... i dont have a fav. movie... i like toooo many to have a fav.... i dont read books very often... so no fav. there either... but i did really like "The Giver" i read it in 5th grade... i dont know the author.. but it was a good book... i write poetry and have 170 some... i dont know the exact number without running up and gettin them...lol...My all time fav. holiday is Valentine's Day..I'm a major romantic... and a major girly girl... PINK anything and i LOVE it!!! well thats all for now.... and the site below.. isnt mine its my mom's.... check it out!!!