Parade Magazine Cookbook Jambalaya
photo by Clevergirl7
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced (I prefer Hillshire Farms Smoked Sausage or Kielbassa)
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 six ounce can tomato paste
- 2 twenty eight ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in large dutch oven over medium heat. Saute sausage until browned. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and saute chicken breast pieces until lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same pot, saute onion, green pepper, celery and garlic until tender. Stir in tomato paste, and tomatoes with juice. Add bay leaves, thyme, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Add browned sausage and chicken breast pieces, and cook, partially covered, simmering for about 1/2 hour.
- Add shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Top with lemon wedges and sliced green onions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am also Clevergirl3 and Ql7 on Food.com. I am starting to add my favorite recipes. Check 'em out and my reviews, too. I am FINALLY retired, but don't spend all day cooking. I'd rather be swimming.</p>