Panko Cucumber Nuggets
- Ready In:
- 1 cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- vegetable oil
- ranch dressing (or salad dressing of your choice)
- Peel cucumber and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Put the flour in one bowl, the egg in a second (and scramble it with a fork a little), and put the panko, cheese, and spices in a wide shallow bowl.
- Coat cucumber chunks in flour, then the scrambled egg, then rolls in the panko spice mixture to coat.
- Place your coated chunks on a plate and put in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Put enough oil into a small frying pan to cover the bottom generously. Put on low to medium heat. I tested my oil with a bit of breadcrumbs to see when it was hot enough.
- Fry your chunks in batches, making sure to brown each side. I found it easiest to turn them with some tongs.
- Place finished nuggets on a plate with a paper towel to drain off any extra oil.
- Stick toothpicks in them and put a little dressing in a bowl for dipping. Crispy, crunchy on the outside, juicy and warm on the inside.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello. =) My name is Karyn and I am a 23 year old librarian. I love to watch food shows, read cookbooks, find recipes online, and explore food or cooking themed stores. I really enjoy baking, especially cookies and cheesecakes. I am currently planning a dinner party for myself and friends for December 12th.