- Ready In:
- 2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 12 large white mushrooms, stems discarded
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil until shimmering.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Spread the panko in a shallow bowl.
- Dip each mushroom into the egg and let the excess drip off, then coat thoroughly with panko.
- Fry the mushrooms, 4 at a time, over moderately high heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Drain on a wire rack set over a baking sheet.
- Season with salt and serve right away.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a Canadian in New England. Humidity is not my friend.</p>