Panch Phoron (Indian Spice/Seed Mixture)
photo by Sandi From CA
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons black mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons whole nigella seeds
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons fenugreek seeds
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- Combine. Yer done. Just don't forget to grind coarsely before use!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Someone once gave me a small container of this and I loved it. Now I can make my own without spending a fortune at the local Indian Spice shop (with the grouchy owner!) I used this with some carrots. I left the mix whole and put about a tablespoon in with the cooking water. Gave the carrots such a good flavor. Looking forward to trying it ground as a rub for chicken! Made for Fall 2008 PAC.