Pan Toasted Bread With Ham, Pineapple and Cheese
This is called here in The Netherlands a 'pan pizza' now. When I grew up my mother made this for us as a treat and we just called it 'bread from the frying pan'!
- Ready In:
- 1 slice bread
- butter, for spreading on the bread
- 1 slice ham
- 1 pineapple ring, drained
- 1 slice cheese, that melts well
- ground paprika (to garnish) (optional)
- You will need a frying pan with a lid.
- Heat frying pan on medium heat, butter the bread on one side.
- Put in the pan and butter the side that is up.
- When browned turn over the slice and put on first: the ham, then pineapple and then the cheese on the toasted side.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan with a lid and cook for a few minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with some paprika powder and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 11 more