Pan-Roasted Pear Salad
- Ready In:
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 3 slightly under ripe bosc pears, quartered and cored
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, cut into 2-inch pieces (12 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup chives, sliced thin
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- Cook bacon in 12-inch nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium heat until crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel–lined plate. Discard fat and wipe skillet clean with paper towels.
- Halve each pear and then scoop out the core and seeds. Halve each half to make quarters; keeping the peels on.
- Toss pears and sugar together in bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in now-empty skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Cook pears, cut sides down, until well browned, 2 to 4 minutes per side, redistributing as needed for even browning. Transfer pears to large plate and let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk vinegar, maple syrup, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and remaining 1/4 cup oil together in large bowl. Add lettuce and chives and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to serving platter and top with blue cheese, bacon, and pears. Serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!