- Ready In:
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat.
- Add the butter, stir until melted and pour into a large bowl to cool.
- Dissolve yeast in the milk mixture.
- Mix in 1/3 cup sugar, salt, eggs and 2 cups flour.
- Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and supple, about 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces and form into rounds.
- With a rolling pin, roll the rounds into oval buns. Place them onto two lightly greased baking sheets.
- Cover the rolls with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
While The Bread Rises, Make The Topping:
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup sugar, 2/3 cup flour, butter until a crumb mixture forms.
- Stir in the egg yolks until well blended. Crumble the topping over the rolls so the entire surface is covered.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until sugar topping is lightly browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Wow, I still can't believe that I made these delicious tasting buns. They turned out so good and they even look pretty too. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe Annacia, that turned a novice bread maker like me, into a star. Easy to make, this sweet bread is perfection, light and tender, with just the right amount of sweetness. I just can't stop eating them, I made half the recipe and truly wish I would have made all of it. Made for the Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - Mexico.