Pampered Chef's One Pot Creamy BLT Pasta
- Ready In:
- 12 slices bacon, divided
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine pasta
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- halved grape tomatoes, a small handful
- Slice the bacon cross wise into strips. Cook in a large skillet with high sides for 8-9 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Drain skillet, leaving 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings in the skillet.
- Place broth and diced tomatoes in a large bowl. Microwave, covered, on high for 6-8 minutes or until hot. Return skillet to heat and add onion and red pepper flakes. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook for 10-20 seconds. Add broth mixture, pasta, salt and half of the cooked bacon. Simmer covered for 9-10 minutes or until pasta is almost cooked by still firm. Stir occasionally.
- Remove skillet from heat and add cubed cream cheese, grape tomatoes and parsley, reserving 1 tbsp of parsley for garnish. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until pasta is tender and sauce is thickened. Serve with remaining bacon, grated Parmesan cheese and reserved parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very easily prepared, comfort food, filling, and goes a long way, excellent for feeding a hungry family quickly! I didn't have any grape tomatoes for garnish, although they would have been nice. Good dash of parmesan and an enthusiastic grind of black pepper finished this off nicely. Thank you, gailanng, enjoyed this, made for I Recommend recipe tag game.