Pampered Chef Orange Chicken Lo Mein
- Ready In:
- 2 oranges
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Asian seasoning, mix
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, any flavor, split into halves
- 1 (12 -16 ounce) bag frozen vegetables, thawed (broccoli, carrots, and peapods)
- 3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- Zest 2 oranges using to measure 1 tablespoons
- Juice both oranges to measure 1/2 cup.
- Combine zest, juice, water, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce & seasoning mix in Small Batter Bowl; whisk well. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Combine egg, salt & black pepper in Classic Batter Bowl. Add chicken; stir to coat.
- Combine flour & cornstarch in large bowl. Add chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until simmering.
- Remove chicken from flour mixture, shaking off excess, and place into Skillet. Cook 8-10 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and centers are no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from Skillet; set aside & keep warm.
- Add pressed garlic to skillet. Cook 30-60 seconds until fragrant.
- Omitting seasoning packets, add ramen noodles & orange mixture to skillet. Cover; bring to a simmer and cook 3-4 minutes or until noodles are softened.
- Add stir-fry blend & cabbage; cook 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are hot & cabbage is crisp tender.
- Add chick to skillet; mix well to coat chicken.
- Cooks tip: If desired, 2 tsp grated fresh gingerroot, 3/4 tsp salt, 1 pressed garlic clove and 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper can be substituted for the Asian Seasoning Mix.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!