This came from one of the church-member books, years ago, attributed to Gourmet by the Bay in Virginia Beach. I have done this more simply by using frozen cooked shrimp and packaged chicken short cuts. It makes a pretty presentation and holds up well for left-overs
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups water or 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb fresh shrimp
- 1 (5 ounce) package yellow rice mix
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- lettuce leaf
- lemon slice, garnish
- Bring water to boil.
- Add shrimp.
- Cook 3-5 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Chill, peel, devein shrimp.
- Set aside.
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions, omitting butter.
- Combine rice,vinegar, and next 4 infredients.
- Stir well.
- Add shrimp,chicken, tomato, peas, celery, onion, and pimiento.
- Toss well.
- Cover and chill.
- Serve salad on lettuce leaves on individual plates.
- Garnish with lemon slices.