Oven Fried Herb Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Another old recipe I've saved. But still good and easy to fix.
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 - 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 2⁄3 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt, or
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Remove skin from chicken, if desired.
- Rinse chicken; BUT don't pat dry.
- In a plastic bag; combine cornflake crumbs with all the seasonings.
- Place chicken. one or two pieces at a time in the crumb mixture.
- Shake to coat evenly.
- Place chicken pieces, skin side up in a shallow baking pan, so pieces don't touch.
- Bake uncovered, in a 325F oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Do not turn during cooking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I've had this recipe on a note card for years...I don't even know where I got it. I finally made it last night, and it was a success! Very easy but very tasty. I didn't remove the skin because there were skin eaters and non-skin eaters (skin eaters are always willing to help the non-skin eaters). Very flavorful and delicious! Thank you for posting!Reply