photo by Izy Hossack
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 3 large yellow onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons beef broth or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Add the onions to the prepared baking sheet and top with the remaining ingredients. Toss to combine thoroughly, separating the onion slices.
- the onion slices.
- Bake for 1 hour, tossing every 10 minutes with silicone tongs.
- By now the onions should be softened and golden in color. If it appears dry, add a splash more broth or water.
- Continue to bake for 15-20 minutes, tossing twice.
- Remove the onions from the oven and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!