Original Green Bean Casserole
I always love that Original Green Bean Casserole since I was kid. My family loves this and always eat that during Thanksgiving, Christmas, or weeknights!
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (9 ounce) packages frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained or (14 1/2 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 1⁄3 cups French's French fried onions, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F Combine soup, milk and ground pepper in 1-1/2-quart casserole; stir until well blended. Stir in beans and 2/3 cup French Fried Onions.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until hot. Stir; sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup onions. Bake 5 minutes or until onions are golden.
- Microwave Directions: Prepare green bean mixture as above in 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe casserole. Cook, covered, on HIGH 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir beans halfway through cooking time. Top with remaining French Fried Onions; cook, uncovered, 1 minute. Let stand 5 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was good. However, the actual original green bean casserole always includes some soy sauce mixed with the mushroom soup and a small amount of grated cheese (about 1/4 c). We have always eaten ours this way. Yours was good though. Just missed the other ingredients and I always use just the canned,cut green beans, not the frozen ones. Thanks for sharing and we were glad to try it. Think we will stick with our recipoe thougyh.Reply