Orange Swirl Cake
photo by Barb 3663
- Ready In:
- 1hr 7mins
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to directions.
- Remove 1-1/2 cups of the batter and set aside.
- Pour remaining batter into pan.
- Stir gelatin (dry) into the 1-1/2 cups of batter.
- Drop orange batter by generous tablespoons randomly in 6 to 8 mounds onto batter in pan.
- Cut through batter with a knife in S-shaped curves in one continous motion for swirled effect.
- Bake 42 to 47 minutes in pan. Turn upside down onto a heat proff serving plate; remove pan.
- Cool cake completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The cake tasted great, and it's so pretty, in your pics. However, when I made it, it got stuck in my not-well-seasoned stoneware Bundt pan, so I made it into "Accidentally Fabulous Orange Trifle!" (Check out the photos of how your recipe looks, there!) Anyway, even though my cake crumbled, and I added other ingredients to make it a trifle, I did taste the original recipe, which was yummy and light! Thanks!