Olive Garden Lasagna Rollata Al Forno
photo by tiffanyricker
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
Five Cheese Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup italian blend shredded cheese
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 egg
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning, blend
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb lasagna noodle
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Blend first two marinara ingredients together in a large saucepan. Add remaining ingredients and heat on medium, stirring frequently. The cheese will melt and the sauce will become creamy. Keep warm.
- Set aside 1/4 of mozzarella cheese. Beat egg into a large mixing bowl and add all remaining ingredients, blending well. Keep refrigerated until you are ready to use.
- Cook lasagna exactly according to package directions. Drain and rinse immediately with cold water so they are cool enough to handle.
- When ready to make, spread about 1/4 cup of marinara sauce in a large 9x13 baking dish. Based upon the number of noodles in your 1 lb of noodles, divide the filling accordingly. Lay one lasagna noodle in baking dish and spread with filling along noodle. Loosely roll the noodle up, jelly-roll style. Decide if this looks about right to you. If so, keep rolling the rest of the noodles. Otherwise use more filling per noodle and discard the extra noodles.
- Continue with each lasagna noodle until all noodles are rolled and arranged in baking dish. Cover each roll with remaining sauce, the remaining mozzarella cheese and top with Italian breadcrumbs.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degree for about 35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've been missing this Olive Garden dish lately so I came here to find a copycat recipe - this is definitely it! I made it expecting my husband to think it was just okay (he's usually not too crazy for anything with ricotta) but he took one bite and exclaimed, "Oh my gawd, this is delicious! Even better than Olive Garden!" He's not easy to impress, so I had to leave a review. This is definitely going into the rotation! As a note, I boiled 8 noodles and it was the perfect amount - you definitely don't need to waste a whole box.
Sooo good! My husband's favorite dish at the Olive Garden is Lasagna Rollata Al Forno--he gets it every time! So for his birthday I decided to try this recipe at home. HUGE success! He said it tasted JUST like the one at Olive Garden. Thanks so much Ceticevergreen! <br/><br/>One note, the recipe doesn't say how much filling to put on each noodle. I just kind of guessed, but I ended up with a lot of leftover noodles and no more filling.