Old Fashioned Slush (Long Island Slush)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
For a crowd, but can be frozen in ziplock bags for smaller consumption or simply halved. Cook time is freeze time.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 tea bags, regular size
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups Bourbon
- 12 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed and undiluted
- 12 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed and undiluted
- 8 (12 ounce) bottles carbonated lemon-lime beverage, chilled
- lemon rind, curls (for garnish) or maraschino cherry (for garnish)
- Pour boiling water over tea bags; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Remove tea bags, squeezing gently.
- Add sugar, stirring until dissolves.
- Stir in 6 cups water, bourbon, lemonade and orange juice concentrates.
- Cover and freeze at least 8 hours.
- To serve, spoon 1/2 cup mixture into each glass, add 1/2 cup soda then garnish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Oh my...I was just telling my husband that I wish I could find a recipe for Long Island Slushes. I love having these slush drinks on hand for summer guests. I'm going to make these this weekend! I'll rate these when we taste, but I'm sure they will be GREAT! Thank you for posting! Update: This was really good. I didn't think it tasted quite like the LIT that I remembered, but still very good. Thanks for a great summer drink recipe!5Reply