Old Fashioned Cooked Fudge Frosting or Fudge..awesome
- Ready In:
- Melt margarine in large boiler on medium heat.
- Add Karo syrup, Carnation milk and Hershey's cocoa. Mix well and add sugar.
- With unit on High heat, bring to a full rolling boil (one you can not stir down). Reduce heat to medium-high and boil for 4 minutes by the clock.
- Remove from heat and beat with mixer on high until thick and creamy. Add vanilla.
- Spread between layers of cake and on top layer and sides. This will frost 10 layers.
- This recipe makes delicious fudge by cooking 5 minutes by the clock. Beat until thick and creamy. Add 2 cups chopped nuts. Pour into buttered pan and cut into squares when cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this as a candy, & was happy to share it at several park-wide gatherings we attended over the past couple of days! A big hit, it was! I particularly enjoyed it & now definitely want to use it to frost a decadent chocolate cake sometime soon! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook Tag]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Christian and as old as dirt...LOL I live on the beautiful MS Gulf Coast. We lost our home to Katrina but we are in our new place now,,on the same property...so we are doing fine..I have two cats and a DH who used to be a singer for years in a band...now he is semi-retired. I raised Cairn Terriers, made handbuilt pottery and sold on eBay for years..I was one of the first sellers on there. I love Spring and putting new annuals in all my old pots. I use the thrill, fill, spill method. LoL. I like to cook but simple things with few ingredients.