Oktoberfest Savory Pot Roast
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 3 lbs beef brisket or 3 lbs blade pot roast
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 1 cup beer or 1 cup ale
- 1 cup beef stock
- 6 carrots, peeled and quartered
- 3 parsnips, peeled and quartered
- 6 -8 medium new potatoes
- Place roast in oven-proof dish.
- Combine next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, spread mixture over roast and layer with onions.
- Pour beer and stock over top and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and place in preheated oven at 170C (325 F) oven for 11/2 hours.
- Add vegetables around beef and cook covered for another 11/2 hours, removing lid for last 20 to 30 minutes to brown roast.
- Remove beef and vegetables to serving platter and thicken juices with 15 ml (1 tbsp) cornstarch blended with cold water.
- Bring to a boil stirring to thicken and serve over roast.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"