Oil-Free French Dressing
From super food ideas. Substitute splenda for caster sugar to make diabetic friendly.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caster sugar (or splenda for diabetic)
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper
- Combine vinegar, mustard, sugar (or splenda), water and salt and pepper in a screw top jar.
- Secure lid and shake until well combined.
- Recommend for drizzling over leafy green salad such as baby spinach, mixed leaf or rocket.
- Will store in fridge in jar for up to 7 days.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Chef Potts, This is an easy recipe and I was captivated by the fact that it is oil-free... It was nice but didn't quite live up to my expectations, in that the most dominant flavour coming though is that of the vinegar. I will make this again, but will cut the vinegar down so that the mustard gets a chance to shine more and balance things out. I would definairly be interested in "playing'with this one more as oil-free dressing would help just a little in the war of the waistline as I make ever increasing many Zaar recipes. Please see my rating system: 3 stars for the moment but with potential for 4 or 5 in the future once I get this to suit our personal preferences :) Thanks!Reply