No Guilt Soup
This is my go to soup when I am trying to watch what I eat. It is easily adaptable for your personal taste.
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can zucchini with Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can beans, do not drain
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can carrots, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, do not drain
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, generous
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except cheese if using and heat.
- When hot, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Can be done on stovetop or in microwave.
- Note: I mainly use pinto and black beans as they are my favorites.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this for Diabetic Forum and tailgating forum and what an easy and delicious soup. I used fresh vegetables (steaming the carrots, green beans and a diced potato first) then continuing with the recipe. I am sure using the can vegetables would make this go even quicker when making. Thank you for a delicious recipe.1Reply
Oh, I love this recipe! I used black beans, as I had them cooked and handy, and all fresh veggies except the tomatoes (I used a can of Rotel original spiced). I also added a teaspoon of summer savory near the end of cooking. Because I was using fresh veggies, I did have to simmer the carrots a little before adding the rest of the ingredients, but this was still something I threw together after getting home at 10pm and didn't feel guilty eating! This soup really lives up to it's name! :) Thanks for sharing the recipe, TLu! Made & enjoyed for the Topic of the Month Forum's Soup-Fest 2011 Tag Game.Reply
see 6 more