No Cook No Egg No Brains Necessary Chocolate Frosting
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (regular table salt is better in this instance -- not kosher as I usually prefer)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Combine butter/margarine, cocoa and salt.
- Add milk and vanilla, stirring well.
- Add sugar and mix until smooth and creamy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was the best homemade chocolate frosting that I have ever made. It was perfect for my son's birthday cake. It was rich and chocolatey right away, I've had problems with them being a bit grainy until they sat around for a while. I think the key is mixing the melted butter with the cocoa. My only complaint is that it doesn't make enough. I am so glad I was filling the cake with peanut butter frosting or I would have had to make another batch.Reply