No-Butter Banana Bread
photo by Cookingaddict101
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Preheat overn to 325. Grease a loaf pan.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl and add the sugar.
- Whisk in the eggs.
- Sift in the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to stand and cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe is delicious. I followed instructions as written for the 1st try and it was a hit. On the second attempt, I added some pecans and chocolate chips, greased the loaf pan with butter and brown sugar, and it was amazing! I turned the heat up to 350 for an additional 5 minutes to get the outside very brown and crusty, and it worked like a charm. I highly recommend this recipe as is, or doctored up with your favorite goodies.
Seriously good!! Heaven forbid(!), i discoverd i had not enough butter to make a cake! so googled 'betterless banana loaf' & found this recipe. Doubled it (usualy triple recipies so double was being moderate) .....OH MY GOODNESS! kids (my 4 boys and several neighboughing kids) practically demolished it after school (managed to save a slither for hubbys lunch tomorrow!) Wont be looking for any other banana cake recepie any time soon (& will try adding nuts next time!) YUM! YUM!