No-Bake Chocolate Cookie Pops
From justataste.com, put here for safe-keeping to try. Note from site: can be served without sticks as truffles. http://www.justataste.com/no-bake-chocolate-cookie-pops-recipe/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=email_this&utm_source=email
- Ready In:
- 18 chocolate sandwich cookies with recipe cream filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese (half of an 8-oz. package)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk chocolate or 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- assorted candy sprinkles
- lollipop sticks
- Place the cookies in the bowl of a food processor and pulse them until roughly chopped. Add the cream cheese and continue pulsing until the mixture is well combined and there are no large pieces of cookie remaining.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using your hands, squeeze and roll the cookie mixture into 1-inch balls. Insert a lollipop stick into each ball, place them on the baking sheet and freeze them for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and vegetable oil in the microwave on 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until fully melted. Dip the cookie balls in the melted chocolate then immediately garnish them with sprinkles, crushed nuts or toasted coconut flakes. Return the pops to the baking sheet. Loosely cover and refrigerate them for 1 hour or until the chocolate is set.