Nif's Baconless Pasta Carbonara With Breadcrumbs
photo by Nif_H
- Ready In:
- Boil pasta in salted water for 1 minute less than the package states.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil and the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and breadcrumbs and stir occasionally until everything smells delicious, about 5 minutes.
- Remove breadcrumb mixture from the pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together eggs,milk and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil in pan over medium heat.
- When pasta is done, strain (do NOT rinse) and add to frying pan.
- Stir to coat with oil and then add egg mixture.
- Stir to coat pasta and then stir every minute or so for about 4 minutes, until eggs are mostly cooked.
- Stir in breadcrumbs.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into serving dish and top with optional garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Loved this easy meal made in about 30 minutes, just my style. My husband found this and asked me to prepare it, said it looked like a good one and he was right. He had just started eating it when I asked if i could take this picture. ;-). I followed the recipe exactly and will not change a thing about it.
A very easy and flavoursome version of one of my favourite dishes, beware, the breadcrumbs make it quite filling, and a little goes a long way! I purposely made plenty so that I would have leftovers for lunch today :) Generously sprinkled with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese, a good grind of black pepper, yum, this was very much enjoyed! Thanks Nif, lovely recipe, made for PRMR tag game.