Nielsen Massey’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe comes from the vanilla company, Nielsen Massey. It's definitely one of my most requested chocolate chip cookie recipes. My friend Val made up a variation using chunks of Oreos along with or instead of the chocolate chips -- makes for a very interesting cookie!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon nielsen-massey madagascar bourbon pure vanilla extract (use whatever, but NM brand is good)
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in flour, soda, salt, baking powder and cream of tartar.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Drop with a #40 scoop (looks like a metal mini ice cream scoop) or a rounded measuring tablespoonful about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased insulated baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool slightly: remove from baking sheet. Cool on wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
well these cookies were fantastic! i go my hands on some nielson massey's vanilla and had to try it. although i did make a few adjustments and that is why only 4 stars b/c w/out the adjustments i think they would have been way too sweet and salty. .. i cut the salt in half! and the sugar down by 1 cup and they were still a bit too sweet! i also cut the buter in half! i threw in a few oats and walnuts wich gave them a great texture, but wasnt neccesary. the dough is very thick but the cookies turn out great! i'll keep this recipe on hand for sure!. thanksReply