New Orleans Shrimp & Squash Bisque (Treasure Trove #2)
From my long-lost treasure trove of recipes newly found. While we love homemade soups in Iceland, I cannot make this as I have not seen a squash here in nearly 4 yrs. This is very low-cal & low-fat, but I will have to rely on you RZ chefs to tell me if it is as good as it looks to me. As w/TrTr #1, my best guess is this was prob a Food Network recipe. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 2 medium onions (coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter (may use olive oil)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 medium yellow squash (diced)
- 2 medium potatoes (diced)
- 2 small carrots (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp (cooked, sml or baby shrimp work best)
- sour cream (garnish) (optional)
- dill weed (garnish) (optional)
- In a lrg saucepan or Dutch oven, saute onions in butter (or olive oil) till tender, but not browned.
- Add stock, squash, potatoes & carrots. Cook til vegetables are tender.
- Cool & puree in blender (or use immersion blender). Return bisque to stove, add remaining ingredients & season to taste.
- Bring to boil for 2 min & serve. Add dollop of sour cream & sprinkle of dill weed for garnish as desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What a great soup, we loved this!!!! Doesnt even need the shrimp really, so very tasty, the shrimp is like a bit of extra luxury!!! Easily prepared and packed full of goodness, we enjoyed this with crisp hot breadsticks, and since we were only 2, DH has another lunch or two of great soup to enjoy! Thanks Twissis, lovely recipe, made for For Your Consideration tag gameReply