- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 small carrot
- 4 veggie burgers, thawed (I use Morningstar Grillers)
- 1⁄2 cup ground walnuts
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1⁄4 cup silken tofu (or soft)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon jam (I like huckleberry or peach)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly oil a loaf pan.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the onion and carrot until just soft.
- In a separate bowl, crumble the vegetarian burgers. Add the walnuts, bread crumbs and the onion mixture. Lightly process the lentils in a food processor and add to bowl.
- In a food processor, process tofu, tahini, soy sauce and parsley until well blended. Stir into onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oiled pan.
- Make a topping for the loaf by stirring together the catsup, jam and soy sauce until well blended. Spread evenly over top of loaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes. After it comes out of the oven, let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I really liked this veggie meat loaf. It was moist, but it actually held its shape when sliced (most veggie loaves crumble when sliced). I wasn't crazy about the glaze, but it can easily be left off or modified. Just one note...I wasn't sure how long the loaf should be baked or when to put the glaze on top. I baked the loaf for 45 minutes and put the glaze on top at the very beginning. By the way, I JUST realized that I forgot to add the silken tofu, and the results were lovely without it. Thanks for sharing this recipe!