- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup freeze-dried strawberry (ground into powder in food processor)
- red food coloring
- chocolate syrup, sliced strawberries, whipped cream (for topping)
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In one bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter and eggs; add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between three bowls. In one bowl, stir in the vanilla extract. In another bowl, stir in the melted chocolate until thoroughly combined. In the third bowl, stir in the strawberry powder and red food color if using.
- Coat the waffle iron with cooking spray. Take a heaping spoonful of the strawberry batter and pour it into a stripe in the waffle iron; use the back of the spoon to spread it into place if needed. Spoon a stripe of the vanilla batter next to the strawberry batter, spreading it into place. Put a stripe of chocolate batter next to the waffle batter. All three lines of batter should be touching each other--also you can pipe in each color using a piping bag.
- Close the waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer instructions; epeat the cooking process with the remaining batter.
- Serve the waffles with a drizzle of chocolate sauce, a dollop of whipped cream, and fresh strawberries.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!