Neapolitan-Style Stuffed Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Yummy and flavorful. Modified from a recipe in the Knoxville News-Sentinel.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced lengthwise
- 1 1⁄4 lbs plum tomatoes, sliced lengthwise into eighths
- salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 4 chicken breasts
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, ball cut into quarters (I used a mozzarella roll stuffed with prosciutto and gorgonzola, have fun and experiment!)
- 4 halved sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil medium size baking dish.
- Place onion slices in bottom of baking dish.
- Scatter sliced garlic over onions.
- Top with tomato slices.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Pound chicken into thinner pieces if desired.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place one piece of cheese and one sun-dried tomato half on each piece of chicken.
- Fold over and place in dish on top of tomato-onion mixture.
- Brush tops of chicken with olive oil from sun-dried tomatoes and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Bake one hour.
- Remove chicken from oven, and turn oven to broil.
- Broil chicken for 3 minutes or until slightly crispy on top. (I skipped this step.).
- Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION