- Ready In:
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 2 inches piece fresh lemongrass
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Smash the lemongrass with the edge of knife to release aroma.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a sauce pan.
- Set on stove until it begins to boil.
- Turn heat to low. Cover and cook until rice is done and the water is absorbed.
- Removed bay leaves and lemon grass before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an artist and flute player who gets crazy and nuts-o if I don't get some baking/cooking time in my week. I plan parties just so I can cook and I also take food to all of the neighbors--especially families with teenage boys. Because we are recent empty-nesters, we just can't eat it all.