My Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
You know that extra can of pumpkin pie filling you buy every fall 'cause it's on sale for a great price? The one that sits in your cabinet til next Thanksgiving, when you start the whole vicious cycle again? This is a great recipe to use it up! I save the rest of the pumpkin pie filling to use in this recipe again or to make muffins. This makes two very generous servings. I keep the other serving in the fridge, wrapped, and just reheat in the microwave.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups pumpkin pie filling
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk (optional)
- Bring water to rapid boil in medium sized saucepan.
- Add oatmeal, and cook two minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, and add pumpkin.
- Remove to serving bowls, and add milk, if using.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve warm.