Mutton Yakhni Pulao
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Mutton Yakhni Pulao (Pakistani Dish)
- Ready In:
- 3 cups basmati rice
- 3⁄4 kg mutton
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 black cardamom pods (badi elaichi)
- 2 green cardamoms
- 4 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced lengthwise
- 10 tablespoons oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick (2.5 cm)
- Gently wash and soak the rice in water. Set aside.
- Cook the mutton with the red chilli, ginger, fennel seeds, black and green cardamoms, coriander seeds and salt in a pressure cooker, adding eight cups of water. Cook till tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove all the spices and strain the stock.
- The stock should measure six (6) cups. Add water if the stock is not sufficient. Set aside.
- Keep the mutton pieces separately.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel, heat the oil, and add the bay leaf and cinnamon and sliced onions and fry till onions are light brown.
- Add the mutton and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the stock.
- Stir in the rice gently, ensuring that it does not break.
- Cover and bring the stock to a boil over high heat, then simmer till the rice gets cooked.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION