Mussels Fra Diavola
- Ready In:
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup capers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 3 lbs mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 1 lb linguine, cooked
- heat oil in a 12 inch skillet.
- add garlic and red pepper flakes, stir.
- add tomatoes, paste, oregano, basil, capers, olives, and wine, breaking up tomatoes simmer about 15 minutes until sauce thickens.
- meanwhile cook the linguine and drain.
- raise the heat of the sauce to medium, add the mussels, and cover.
- cook 3-6 minutes more until mussels open.
- discard any that don't open.
- serve sauce over linguine.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation