Delicious appetizer that will be a big hit when you serve it. My girlfriend made these years ago and gave me the recipe. I have made these many times over the years and everyone raves about them.
- Ready In:
- 12 -18 slices white bread
- 1⁄4 cup butter (not margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 cup finely chopped mushroom
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Use a rolling pin to flatten each bread slice. Cut 3" (18 small) or 4" (12 large) rounds and gently fit into small or large muffin tins.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes at 425 or until golden and crisp. Cool on wire racks.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and saute green onions for several minutes without browning.
- Stir in the mushrooms and mix well. Cook 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until moisture has evaporated.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with flour and stir to coat the mushrooms.
- Gradually add the cream and return to heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly and then reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes until thick.
- Stir in all the other ingredients.
- Transfer filling to a bowl, cover it and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To Serve:.
- Place croustade on cookie sheet and fill each croustade with mushroom filling so that it is slightly mounded.
- Sprinkle lightly with parmesan cheese and dot with butter.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes and then turn to broil and brown the tops lightly.
- Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION