Mushroom Cheese Pie
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced (I use a combo of button and Portabella)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons water
- Saute mushrooms and onion in butter for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in flour, cottage cheese, parsley, chives, sherry or Worchestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Pour into 9 inch pie plate lined with crust dough.
- Top with slices of Swiss cheese.
- Cover with pie crust, sealing edges.
- Cut slits in top of pie crust.
- Mix egg yolk and water and brush on top.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Note: I have to cover the edges of the pie crust after 30 minutes so they don't burn.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!