Mushroom and Thyme Cavatelli
- Ready In:
- 350 g pasta (cavatelli recommended)
- 60 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed or minced)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 large button mushrooms (cut into 5 pieces)
- 8 swiss brown mushrooms (cut into 5 pieces)
- 4 field mushrooms (cut into 8 - 10 wedges)
- 10 g porcini mushrooms (rehydrated in warm water for 20 minutes and sliced thinly)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper (or to taste)
- 3 teaspoons thyme leaves (fresh, chopped)
- 350 ml double cream
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup parsley (chopped)
- 120 g parmesan cheese (shaved to serve)
- Cook pasta as per packet directions (usually 10 to 15 minutes).
- While pasta is cooking melt butter and oil in a large frypan/skillet.
- Saute the garlic for a minute and then add the mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes, adding white wine as needed.
- Lightly salt and pepper at this stage, to assist with the flavours of the mushrooms leaching into your sauce.
- Add thyme and double cream, bringing the the sauce to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Add lemon zest and any remaining wine and continue to simmer.
- Drain the pasta and add to the mushrooms with the parsley, mixing well to cover the pasta with the sauce.
- This dish should be fairly wet, check for seasoning and adjust if required and serve immediately with shaved parmesan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.