- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup quinoa
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and diced
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 10 cups water
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker; butter the inside of your stoneware insert.
- Rinse the brown rice and quinoa thoroughly in cool running water, and dump into your buttered crock.
- Add both kinds of oats, apples, vanilla, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- Pour in all 10 cups of water; cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours, until the brown rice is completely tender.
- Take the lid off of your cooker and stir very well.
- Unplug, and let the porridge sit in the cooling slow cooker for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Add additional brown sugar, if desired, to taste at the table.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!