Movie Theater Popcorn (Seriously)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup popcorn
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Grind the kosher salt into a fine powder in a spice/coffee grinder (this step is very important).
- In a heavy pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Place one kernel of corn in the pot, when it pops you are ready to add the other ingredients.
- After the kernel pops, add the popcorn and the finely ground salt into the pot and cover. Give the pot a vigorous shake to distribute corn, oil and salt.
- Pop until complete, I usually pop until there is only one or two pops per second.
- Do not burn!
- One Taste and you'll see it's perfect "Movie Theater Popcorn"!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!